Application and Entry Requirements
Assessment of the applications and admission to Aerospace Engineering takes place on a rolling basis.
All applications are submitted online, including necessary documentation. Original documents must be provided when requested to do so.
Applicants who require a visa to study in Austria should prepare to collect the documents required by the Austrian consular service as soon as they are notified that their application has been received and is being evaluated. Visa processing takes 2 - 10 months. Applicants are responsible for visa applications; the University is not responsible for this process. The sooner you apply, the sooner you can start the visa process. The FH requires students to be present from day one of the first semester and can make no allowances for applicants who have not received their visa.
The FHWN/University of Applied Sciences has a teaching mode in which attendance at classes is required.
Students of the master programme must be in Wiener Neustadt at the start of the programme i.e. day of immatriculation (September). Late arrivals may be refused admission to the programme
Applications for the academic year starting September 2017 can be submitted starting November 1, 2016.
Who is eligible to be admitted to Aerospace Engineering?
To meet the eligibility requirements for admission to Aerospace Engineering, all applicants must have, or soon obtain:
- a Bachelor-degree in a relevant subject such as Aerospace-Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Mechatronics, Technical Physics etc. as long as 30 ECTS are in engineering core subjects such as engineering elements, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, mechanics etc. have been part of the curriculum.
or alternatively ,
- a Diplom-Ingenieur-degree (Dipl.-Ing. FH or TU/TH) in Aerospace-Engineering, Mechatronics or other Engineering subjects (see above)
Proof of English proficiency, required for all applicants whose native language is not English, can be submitted as follows (one):
- Proof of successfully concluded academic degree (see above) in a country whose first and native language is English
- IELTS (min. 7.0 overall band score and in each subcategory no lower than 6.5)
- TOEFL, IBT minimum score 95
Important note: without submitted proof of English proficiency, an application cannot be assessed or processed.
In case an applicant has a personal interview at the FH, there is the opportunity to take a computer-based English language test taken at the FHWN (Oxford English Test).
Applications for September 2017 can be submitted starting November 1, 2016.
Please note that assessment of the applications and admission to Aerospace Engineering takes place on a rolling basis.
Deadlines: Applicants who require a Visa: April 1, 2017. Applicants who require no Visa: July 1, 2017.
Required application documentation
- A curriculum vitae (CV) in English, including photograph
- Personal statement detailing your motives to study Aerospace Engineering, your special interests and any other important information (in English)
- Undergraduate degree certificate (bachelor or equivalent) including a transcript of records and grade point average(GPA)¹. If you have not received your degree certificate at the time of application, it must be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than July 31, 2017.
- Diploma Supplement in English
- Secondary school leaving certificate¹
- Birth certificate¹
- Proof of citizenship (for non-Austrian citizens: copy of passport)
- Proof of English proficiency
In addition, if available provide any other information you deem helpful in assessing your qualification (working experiences, extracurricular activities, research activities and projects, publications and similar)
¹ These documents might have to be officially translated into English, and legalized, depending on the country in which they were issued. Please check here Legalization of Foreign Documents, whether legalization requirements apply to you. In addition, originals must be shown/presented prior to immatriculation.
Application Procedure - Steps
- Fill in the online application form
- Attach all the required documents (see: Required documents)
- Submit your online application (note: only complete applications can be evaluated)
- If you require a visa to study in Austria, at this point you should collect the necessary documentation for a student visa application. Please check with the local Austrian Consulate regarding (1) documents required and (2) how long it takes to get a visa
- Potential candidates will be invited to a personal interview in English (possibility to conduct the interview online is offered)
- Within a two week period following the interview you will receive official notification of your status (accepted/waiting list/rejected)