The Academic Board of the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt, on which the university is equally represented, is responsible for the implementation and the organisation of teaching, research and examination procedures. The board meets every month.
The University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt
University of Applied Sciences Academic Board
Johannes Gutenberg-Straße 3
A-2700 Wiener Neustadt
Tel.: +43 (0) 26 22 / 89 0 84-246
Fax: +43 (0) 26 22 / 89 0 84-99
The Academic Board is composed of the head, the acting head, six programme heads, six teaching and research representatives, and four student representatives.
|Acting Head of Academic Board|
Dr. Astin Malschinger
P: +43 (0) 74 16 / 53 000 - 300
F: +43 (0) 74 16 / 53 000 - 2222
Based on the University of Applied Sciences Study Act (FHStG) § 10, the Academic Board of the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt is responsible for the following taks:
- Awarding academic degrees and their revocation,
- Establishing or terminating study programmes and courses,
- Application on the budget addressed to the provider,
- Determining the exam regulations,
- Nostrification of foreign academic degrees,
- Decisions about complaints against programme directors,
- Modifications of the degree programmes
- Awarding academic honors.
- Coordination of entire teaching and research activities,
- Proposals about employment and dismissal of teaching and research staff,
- Evaulation of the entire teaching activities and study plans,
- Ensuring the equality between women and men.
Conduction of Elections
- Election of the chair,
- Election of the representetives.
The head of the Academic Board represents the board at the university management and is also responsible for the following tasks:
- Representing the board externally,
- Granting lectureships,
- Implementing the decisions taken.
Committees established by the Academic Board:
|Didactics||Mag. Agnes Hofer BAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Quality Assurance||Mag. (FH) Helmut Decker||Helmut.Decker@amu.at|
|Study Law||Dipl. Ing. Christian Dusekemail@example.com|
|Accreditation ||Dr. Astin Malschingerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|International||Mag. (FH) Bettina Lichtenwörtheremail@example.com|
Their main task is to give advice for the decisions as part of organisational efficiency.
Working groups on specific topics are established within these committees, which actively take part in coordination and consulting.