The BCi Master's Degree Programme (MBCi) is an internationally focused programme taught entirely in English. Building upon a first degree in business, the two-year programme prepares you for future leadership positions with global organisations.
Video Master Business Consultancy International
- International student body and faculty
- Strategy module (developed at Harvard Business School)
- Study Trip: Travel to a variety of international business hubs such as NY, London & Hong Kong
- Social & professional skills development
- Capstone Consultancy Project
- Optional exchange semester abroad
- Top Lecturers:
Occupational Fields & Career
Potential career opportunities are management positions related to international consultancy & management, specifically in the areas of Marketing Analytics and Treasury & Investment.
- e.g. Marketing Consultant, Marketing Analyst, Customer Insight Manager, Media Manager
- e.g. Treasury/Risk Manager, Investment Banker, Chief Financial Officer, Financial Consultant
There is no substitute for experiencing international business culture first-hand. A key aspect of MBCi is the study trip in the final semester. Our students travel to international business hubs such as New York, London, and Hong Kong for an intense week of company visits, presentations, and business tours. They gain an invaluable perspective of doing business in these centres, learn about the local challenges and opportunities, as well as have interactive seminars with industry leaders.
What the Experts say
Areas of Specialisation
In the BCi master’s programme you can choose to specialise either in financial management and investment analysis or in marketing and data analytics.
Entry Requirements & Admission
- Degree certificate from a business degree or business-related degree programme (business minor, minimum 30 ECTS credits from the area of Business/Economics)
- Adequate English language skills
First apply at onlinebewerbung.fhwn.ac.at. If eligible, you will be invited for an:
- online interview
- on-campus computer-based English language assessment (if necessary)
Admission Start: October 2022. Deadline June 12th, 2023 (if you need a visa to enter Austria, March 31st, 2023)
When is the application deadline?
Application deadline is 12 June 2023 for EU citizens and nationals from the countries listed here. These candidates do not need a visa to enter and reside in Austria up to a given period (in most cases 3 months). Due to the necessary visa procedures, the application deadline for all other nationalities is 31 March 2023. Applications after these deadlines will be considered only for next year’s intake.
What does the entrance examination consist of (MBCi)?
Regular admission procedure*:
- Admission Interview
- English language assessment (if necessary)
*subject to change
What is the tuition fee for EEA students and non-EEA students? (MBCi)
The tuition fee is the same for all students, regardless of their nationality, and currently amounts to € 363.36 per semester.
What are the admission requirements (MBCi)?
Bachelor diploma (min. of 30 ECTS credits in business-related courses) and proof of proficiency in English. Detailed information can be found in the Admissions section.
Which documents do I need to submit with the online application (MBCi)?
- A curriculum vitae (CV), including photograph
- Letter of motivation (max. one A4 page) explaining why you wish to study in BCi
- Secondary school leaving certificate*
- Undergraduate degree certificate* (bachelor or equivalent) including a transcript of records, as well as (for EU citizens) a Diploma Supplement in English
- Proof of citizenship (for non-Austrian citizens: copy of valid passport)
*These documents might have to be officially translated into English and legalised, depending on the country in which they were issued. Please check with the respective authority or send an email to BCi Admissions Officer, Ms. Martina Warnung (email@example.com).
Is it possible to apply before having received an undergraduate degree certificate?
Yes, you can. After sending your online application you will be informed about the deadline until which you need to submit your certificate.
I do not have a bachelor or undergraduate degree in Business Administration, am I still eligible to apply (MBCi)?
Yes. Our admissions department and the Head of Programme will check your transcript of records. Master applicants should have at least 30 ECTS credits in business-related subjects.
Do I have to get my BA and secondary school leaving certificates translated?
Yes, unless the certificates are issued in English or German, an official translation is required. Only certified translators can provide these.
Do I have to get my BA and secondary school leaving certificates legalised (MBCi)?
It depends on the diploma-issuing country. Please check with the respective authority or send an email to BCi Admissions Officer, Ms. Martina Warnung (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Where do I get my certificates legalised?
Each country has its own procedure for the legalisation of documents, and hence different authorities taking care of it. The place to start is usually the ministry of education in the diploma-issuing country.
When is the intake?
There is only one intake per year, in the last week of August.
Will all courses be held in English?
All courses in BCi are held and assessed in English.
English is not my first language. Is additional testing required to certify my competence in English (MBCi)?
Unless your previous degree programme was taught entirely in English, you must prove adequate English skills by fulfilling one of the following requirements:
- Language assessment on campus on the day of your admission interview or
- Language certificate (e.g. TOEFL iBT, IELTS academic, Cambridge advanced, etc.)
How can I apply?
We only accept online applications submitted via our website.
Do I have to travel to Wiener Neustadt to take the entrance examination at the Fachhochschule (MBCi)?
Applicants who are resident more than 1000 km from Wiener Neustadt may have take their admission interviews conducted via Video-Skype. Please note: Unless your previous degree programme was taught entirely in English or English is your native language you have to submit an adequate language certificate (e.g. TOEFL iBT, IELTS Academic, CAE etc.) or GMAT/GRE scores prior to your Skype interview.
When do the entrance examinations take place?
From February to June.
When do I pay the tuition fee for the first semester?
The deadline is usually 1 August.
City Campus Wiener Neustadt
2700 Wiener Neustadt
Mehr von uns