The Department of Industrial Management is a recognised partner for applied research and training in the field of industrial engineering and management.
As a recognised partner for applied research and training in the field of industrial engineering and management, our teaching and research is geared to current developments and challenges in industry. In research, we initiate and actively engage in future- and practice-orientated research projects. We train our students in a scientifically well-founded and practical way. The department maintains a regular dialogue with regional industry, experts, other research and educational institutions and students.
With a total of 6 employees and more than 30 external lecturers who work in this field, we are able to offer our teaching and research skills in almost all areas of industrial engineering and management.
We offer our many years of teaching expertise in various study programmes and professional development courses. This includes the content-related and didactic design of courses and the professional and methodical supervision of Bachelor papers and Master’s theses in the department’s areas of competence.
The Industrial Management department is currently teaching courses in the following study programmes and professional development courses:
- Business Engineering
- Mechatronics and Microsystems Engineering
- Business Consultancy
- Biotechnical Processes
- Basic & Mid-Level Nursing Management
A motivated team with many years of research experience in the field of industrial engineering and management carries out practical research projects with regional industrial companies.
- Design and operation of industrial production systems
- Logistical process optimisation in industrial production
- Digitisation and artificial intelligence in industrial production
- Sustainability and circularity in industrial production
- Factory Lab
- Complete small scale production line for research and education (based on FESTO Didactics MPS Modules)
- Processes: Pick & Place, Testing & Quality Inspection, Workpiece Processing, Workpiece Sorting, Robotic Assembly, Workpiece Storage & Retrieval
- Technologies: Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Robotics, RFID, Various Sensor Technologies, SPS/Profinet, HMI, MES System
- Software: Siemens TIA Portal, Mitsubishi RT Toolbox, FESTO CIROS Simulation, AnyLogic Simulation
- Education and research for various topics, e.g. Automation, Lean Production, Human-Robot Collaboration, Materialflowoptimization, Intelligent Assembly, Data-driven Quality Assurance, Workpiece Tracking, Manufacturing Intelligence, Digital Twin, Data Aanalytics and Artificial Intelligence in Production & Logistics
- Innovation Lab
- Fab Lab and Open Factory for innovation, development and research and education
- Workshops: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting and Engraving, Wood, Metal, Plastics and Textile Working, Electronics and Finishing
- Free space for special projects
- Technologies: 3D Printing: FDM, MJF (multi-color), print space 25x21x21cm to 30×30×60cm, Laser Cutting: cut area: 61x30,5cm to 100x60cm, CNC 3-axis Milling, Computer Stitching and Sewing Machines etc.
- Education and research for various topics, e.g. basic manufacturing techniques, new material applications, assembly techniques, data analytics and material flow in job shop environments, co-innovation with industry
Current research projects
- Intelligent fleet management for the vehicle fleet of the city of Wiener Neustadt’s waste management department
- Project content: Development of an app and algorithms for route optimisation
- Project partners: Tachoeasy GmbH and WNSKS GmbH
- Integrated production and energy management for industrial companies that generate their own energy from renewable sources
- Project content: Development of a simulation model for the evaluation and optimisation of various production strategies