The Institute of Industrial Engineering and Management deals with industry-relevant issues during the entire product life cycle. In addition to teaching theoretical concepts, special attention is paid to ensuring that students acquire practical skills.
Read about our current activities on our LinkedIn profile.
As a recognized partner for applied research and training in the field of industrial engineering and management, our teaching and research is geared to current developments and challenges in industry. In research, we initiate and actively engage in future- and practice-orientated research projects. We train our students in a scientifically well-founded and practical way. The institute maintains a regular dialogue with regional industry, experts, other research and educational institutions and students.
With a total of 9 employees and more than 30 external lecturers who work in this field, we are able to offer our teaching and research skills in almost all areas of industrial engineering and management.
We offer our many years of teaching expertise in various study programs and professional development courses. This includes the content-related and didactic design of courses and the professional and methodical supervision of Bachelor papers and Master’s theses in the institute areas of competence.
The Industrial Management department is currently teaching courses in the following study programs and professional development courses:
- Business Engineering
- Mechatronics and Microsystems Engineering
- Business Consultancy
- Biotechnical Processes
- Basic & Mid-Level Nursing Management
A motivated team with many years of research experience in the field of industrial engineering and management carries out practical research projects with regional industrial companies.
- Design and optimization of industrial production and logistics systems
- Digitization and artificial intelligence in industrial production
- Sustainability and circularity in industrial production
- Factory Lab - Complete small scale production line for research and education
- Innovation Lab - Fab Lab and Open Factory for innovation, development and research and education
- for details please see https://www.fhwn.ac.at/hochsch...