Aerospace Engineering is always at the forefront of technological developments. The AE department of FHWN strives to offer students the educational environment and the tools they need to tackle challenging topics and remain pioneers in engineering.
Studier' mit mir Aerospace Engineering an der FH Wiener Neustadt
- Full-time study programme in Austria
- Taught entirely in English
- State-of-the art research facilities
- International projects with active student participation
- High-performance computing
- Excellent career opportunities
Occupational Fields & Career
An education in Aerospace Engineering opens up many professional possibilities. State of the art education and the implementation of modern methods, materials and tools makes graduates highly sought-after in various industries. Our graduates work in various aerospace related companies (Diamond Aircraft, Schiebl, Airbus, OHB etc.) as well as in the automotive, energy, communication and additional fields (Magna Steyr, Siemens etc.) in all sorts of positions (R&D, management etc.).
- Research and Development
- Design Engineer
- Project Manager
- Innovation Manager
- Sales and Customer Service
- Fields: Aerospace, Aircraft and Aeronautics, Automotive, Communications, Mobility industries
This engineering program is designed such that you can apply your knowledge while studying. Participation in pioneer projects (advanced aircraft designs, CubeSats) gives you extensive hands-on experience. Industrial and ESA-funded projects allow plenty of opportunity to make your mark. In addition, we cooperate closely with the R&D company FOTEC and their Aerospace Engineering business unit.
All about Internships
The master's programme in Aerospace Engineering does not have a mandatory internship. However, it is highly recommended to use the summer break between 2nd and 3rd semester for an internship. It often provides a good chance for a Master thesis topic or a job after graduation.
What the Experts say
Entry Requirements & Admission
An engineering degree is required as a pre-requisite to apply for this master's degree programme (Aerospace eng., Applied eng. etc.): Detailed information
- 30 ECTS or more in core engineering topics (mathematics, mechanics, thermo- and fluid dynamics etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL: 95 points; IELTS Academic: 7.0 score; OOPT: 75 points)
- Upload your application at: onlinebewerbung.fhwn.ac.at
- You will receive an invitation to an interview in English on campus or online
- Written feedback within the two weeks following the interview
Application Deadlines: EU citizens: July 17, 2022; Non-EU citizens: March 31, 2022